Fingerhut Catalog: Fingerhut, a “buy now, pay later” catalog and online retailer has been around for a while, but according to recent Fingerhut reviews, its quality has gone down over the years. Recently the company has really been pushing the Fingerhut Catalog credit card as the best way to shop. Some of the reviewers decided to use this program and stumbled upon some very unpleasant surprises.
There are some instances where having a Fingerhut Catalog card can be advantageous, but there are several where it is not. But how do you know if it’s right for you? Have a look at the below Fingerhutt article to know whether the Fingerhut Catalog is good for your or not. Also, bookmark our official page at www.fingerhutt.org for further interesting updates on Fingerhut Catalog.
A Fingerhut Catalog card is a credit card tied to a specific line of merchandise offered by the issuer. You use your line of credit, or the card, to shop the issuer’s online catalog. Then you pay your balance and eventually establish a credit score good enough to get you a better credit card. Companies with catalog cards include Fingerhut, GrandPointe, SeventhAvenue, Ginny’s and Gettington.
Fingerhut is a shop at home company that sells a wide variety of products both on the Internet and via catalog. Fingerhut is known for affordable buying as they offer financing on all of their products. Customers that want to shop using Fingerhut Catalog can request that it can be mailed to them on the Fingerhut website. Once you start receiving Fingerhut Catalog you will get them regularly in the mail at no additional cost.
How to Get a Fingerhut Catalog By Mail
Follow these steps to get your first Fingerhut Catalog.
- Go to the Fingerhut website listed in Resources.
- Scroll down to the bottom, and click on “obtain catalog.”
- Enter your name, address, phone number and email address, and click “enter.”
- Click on the drop-down box, and check “order catalog by credit card.”
- Enter your credit card information to confirm payment of the $2 cost to obtain the catalog.
- Click on the “pay now” button.
- A confirmation page will appear to confirm payment. Note down the confirmation number for the catalog order.
Pros & Cons of Fingerhut Catalogs
- They are easy to get. Catalog cards accept most applicants regardless of credit history.
- They require no security deposit. Many secured credit cards require cash collateral deposits, which becomes the credit line for that account.
- They usually have high credit limits. A problem with having bad or no credit is getting a low credit limit on your card. Catalog cards usually have a high credit limits no matter what.
- You can only buy items sold by the card issuer. This is where the difference between store credit cards and catalog cards comes into play.
- Many catalog cards require monthly membership fees. Some cards will ask you to pay $30 a month to use the catalog card, which is the equivalent of paying a $360 annual fee. This makes many catalog cards more trouble than they are worth.
- You will always have a high APR. Often times when you are a first-time credit card holder, you will have an APR of around 20 percent. With catalog cards it is usually even higher, closing in on 24 percent.
- Products on these catalog card websites are often times overpriced, but you do not even know it because prices are listed in terms of down payments and monthly payments.
For More Info on Fingerhut Catalog Visit Our Official Website Here.